Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Field Experience.
If you’re responsible for designing, configuring, implementing, or managing a Microsoft System Center Operations Manager environment, then this book is for you. This book will help you understand what you can do to enhance your Operations Manager environment, and will give you the opportunity to better understand the inner workings of the product, even if you are a seasoned Operations Manager administrator.
This book assumes that you have a deep working knowledge of the Operations Manager product and its concepts, that you understand the concept of management packs, and that you are basically familiar with Microsoft Azure as an infrastructure-as-a-service platform. This is a book about best practices, design concepts, how-tos, and in-depth technical troubleshooting. It covers the role of the Operations Manager product, the best practices for working with management packs, how to use the reporting feature to simplify managing the product, how to thoroughly troubleshoot, and how to use and install Operations Manager in a Microsoft Azure Public Cloud environment.
The companion content includes the following:
- The SQL query in Chapter 1 that you can run in SQL Server Management Studio to determine which collation settings you are using
- The series of commands used in the example in Chapter 2 to run workflow tracing manually
- The Windows PowerShell script used in Chapter 4 to view all TLMEs that exist order per resource pool and per current owning pool member (management server)
- The various SELECT queries included in Chapter 4
- A PDF file titled HealthService Event Reference that provides information about the events that Operations Manager can log to its event log from the HealthService features.