Every year a dedicated team at Microsoft analyses what current technologies and competencies Microsoft Certified professionals must possess and what skills are now obsolete in an ever-changing IT world.
In the same way it would not make sense in 2015 to become Windows XP Certified or become a Windows 2000 Server Guru, creating floppy back-up disks, it is important to ensure that your Microsoft Certifications are relevant to currently trending technologies. Hence to that end, Microsoft is retiring three MTA exams on 31 July 2015 which are:
- 98-349: Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- 98-363: Web Development Fundamentals
- 98-372: Microsoft .NET Fundamentals
- 98-374: Gaming Development Fundamentals
Remember however that you still have time before these exams retire but, depending on where you are in your certification journey, you might want to consider pursuing a different MTA exam instead.
At the same time Microsoft is adding 2 new Azure exams that you can take to demonstrate your prowess in cloud-based solutions. These exams are:
- Exam 532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Exam 533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
These exams are available now! Register today!