Each year, PwC’s team of entertainment and media experts generates unbiased in-depth forecasts for 12 industry segments. The fourth annual edition of PwC’s South African entertainment and media outlook (the Outlook), covering the forecast period 2013-2017, combines deep knowledge of the local market with a truly global perspective – a powerful tool for understanding critical business issues.
Click here to download the full publication (pdf)
- Filmed entertainment
- Consumer magazine publishing
- Newspaper publishing
- Consumer and educational book publishing
- Business-to-business publishing
- Out-of-home advertising
- Video games
- Consumer spending on Internet access in South Africa will reach approximately R59.6 billion by 2017, up from R19.8 billion in 2012, a CAGR of 24.7%.
- The South African Internet market is dominated by the mobile segment due to increased investment in cellular coverage by mobile operators and decreasing tariffs. Internet access via mobile devices comprised 89% of the Internet access market (mobile Internet subscribers plus fixed broadband households) and 81% of its revenues in 2012.
Hyper-V Replica allows you to configure where replicated virtual machines will be stored. You can either choose to have all replicated virtual machines stored in a single location, or you can choose to specify a separate location for each primary server that is replicating to you.
But what if you need to have multiple virtual machines replicating from a single primary server, but stored on different drives?
This is what I needed to do for my home configuration. It turns out that while the solution is not obvious, it is not that hard to do. What you need to do is:
1. Configure Hyper-V Replica to store the replicated virtual machines in one of the locations you will be using
2. When you enable replication on a virtual machine that needs to be stored in a different location, choose to perform initial replication at a later point in time:
HTML5 Starter Template
When starting a new project, you need a starter template. Here is a concise and clean template to serve as a basis for your HTML5 projects
<!–[if lt IE 9]>
1. I Have To Master Maths To Learn Programming Languages
People confuse of the relationship between mathematics and programming because they want a flat out answer of ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. In reality, the answer is more towards “it depends, but mostly not”. As a programmer, we spend most of our time writing code, not Math formulas, and your knowledge in Math is not directly proportional to your programming skill.
Don’t get me wrong though, we still need basic algebra, but it’s basic, and well, it’s just algebra. Besides, there are libraries and plugins, which you can apply directly into your code to help you solve mathematical and algorithmic problems.
What are Storage Spaces and when would I want to use them?
Storage Spaces are all about provisioning storage based on a pooled model … while making management of some types of storage easier.
Perhaps you have:
• Storage you’re not using yet and plan to use later
• Storage you’re using now and may later need to expand
• Storage that you want to be able to provide some resiliency for through parity or mirroring.
You may combine various types of storage for a single use. In fact, you may use individual disks for Storage Spaces … even if the disks are of different capacity. For instance, have you ever had a need for storage where you didn’t have a drive available that was large enough but you had a few others around of different sizes that when put together could address the need? Storage Spaces can help with these situations also.
How does Storage Spaces work?
The volumes you create within a storage pool are basically virtual disks located on the storage pool that you may then partition, format, and assign drive letters as applicable. Storage Spaces maintains the health of these drives and any redundancy selected. Storage Spaces stores metadata on every volume within the storage pool that defines how data will be stored within the pool.
Windows Server 2012-Storage Spaces (Screencast)
Simplistically, larger pages inevitably take longer to load. There’s an unending body of research that shows that users of slow sites, spend less time on the site, click through less, click fewer ads, and spend less. Small sites, like AutoAnything, cut their load time in half, and saw revenue grow by 13 percent. And large sites, like Amazon have shown that for every 100 milliseconds of slowdown, they experienced a 1 percent drop in revenue.
Here are the key new Hyper-V features:
- Shared virtual hard disk: This allows the clustering of virtual machines using shared virtual hard disk (VHDX) files. VHDX was introduced in Windows Server 2012 as a new file format, but you couldn’t cluster VMs using a shared virtual hard disk until now.
- Storage quality of service (QoS): Storage QoS allows you to manage throughput of virtual hard disks that are accessed by VMs. This allows you to place a maximum and minimum load (in I/O operations per second) for each virtual disk so that one disk doesn’t affect another on the same host.
A free ebook offering from Microsoft Press: Microsoft System Center: Designing Orchestrator Runbooks
Orchestration and automation are becoming increasingly important in IT organizations of all sizes and across all infrastructure types ranging from on-premises to cloud-based. Orchestration and automation can help reduce the cost of IT while improving consistency and quality of IT service delivery. Like any powerful technology. however, it can be both used and abused.
The objective with this book is to provide a framework for runbook design and IT process automation to help you get the most out of System Center Orchestrator 2012 and to help you utilize Orchestrator in concert with the rest of the System Center for an enterprise-wide and systematic approach to process automation. We will provide detailed guidance for creating what we call “modular automation” where small, focused pieces of automation are progressively built into larger and more complex solutions. We detail the concept of an automation library, where over time enterprises build a progressively larger library of interoperable runbooks and components. Finally, we will cover advanced scenarios and design patterns for topics like error handling and logging, state management, and parallelism. But before we dive into the details, we’ll begin by setting the stage with a quick overview of System Center 2012 Orchestrator and deployment scenarios.
Download the PDF version of this title (186 pgs, 8.77MB) here and the companion content here (296 KB).
This application is a networking client. It allows you to:
* make queries to DNS
* make a WHOIS queries
* PING remote servers
* check HTTP headers
* check local time offset against network NTP servers
* also allows you to track your location internal and external IP addresses.
Get the app
Network Speed Test
Network Speed Test can provide you detailed information about the upload and download speeds of your internet connections. The App also maintains a history of the internet connections you’ve tested for easy comparison.
Get the app